As the Crow Flies
1. Alì Boma Yè (A.Cyrille dr./ G.Mazzon tp. / G.Liguori p.)
2. Lullaby for Duccio (G.Mazzon p./ E. Christi voc. / T.Tononi pc.
3. Song N.4 (Lester Bowie tr. / G. Mazzon tp.)
4. Fire and Light (G.Mazzon tp)
5. Studio N.2,6 (G. Mazzon p. / M. Schiano a.sax)
6. In cerchio (G.Mazzon flh./ A. Mandarini tp.)
7. Et voilà (M. Godard tu./ G.Mazzon tp.)
8. Drops N.3 ( G.Mazzon tp./ G. Maier cb.)
9. Composition N.45 (R.Ottaviano s.sax/ G.Mazzon tp.)
10. Frammento N.1 (G.Mazzon tp. / A.Mandarini tp.)
11. Waiting for a symphony (G.Mazzon tp./R.Ottaviano s.sax)
all compositions by Guido Mazzon
Different musicians, different places, different times: one mind about music. Playing like writing on a “tabula rasa” where I draw sounds, emotions, and closed relationships with my partners. Play music to live a common experience, to blow emotions not necessarily to say high concepts, anyway, to tell stories. I’ve always told the same story in my music, my own story. I only change the colours, the moods, the accents…
I think that to be free means make close connections between ideas and feelings: this is a reasonable evolution.
I love composing improvised music and improvising composed music – improvising is something you can’t improvise – the main thing is to evaluate the urgency of saying something as it is being said – the only difference between composition and improvisation is the sense of time. Sometimes I like to put more metaphysics in music, sometimes more music in metaphysics.
Each tune “as the crow flies”. (G.Mazzon )